Monday, January 4, 2010

Large Stainless Steel Pots Why Did The Water Over Flow When I Cooked The Rice?

Why did the water over flow when I cooked the rice? - large stainless steel pots

Hello, my first time cooking rice. White rice I thought I understood. Approximately 100 grams. Then add about half a liter of water in a stainless steel pan / pot and let the water before you cook the rice. Then the pot with stainless steel, higher range can be affected as some steam escape.

All went well for 10 minutes in the kitchen (the lid that opens a no, no, but since my first time if I wanted to see how things were going) when I checked in the 15th Minute, the water spill with a little rice. I turned the flame and let the rice stand 5 minutes before eating (it's certainly edible rice, but was not pleasant, as I had. Zing eat rice a metallic taste to be so it makes sense)

If the overflow of water used, because it takes too much water because the heat is used instead of violence boilling simmer force?

3 comments:

ROH said...

The average amount of water is more than needed) on the will and the rice grain (oats. Measure is simple ... For 1 cup of rice, so the water was 1.25 in the same cup. (hanging) is also on the type of rice. Rinse rice and add the right amount of water and begin cooking. not necessary to first boil water. Only together. It is very easy to try to cook rice again.i course. for the best taste you can add a little ginger and a pinch of salt.
wish him luck

~Renais... said...

Because I was cooking power. All the elements are slightly different, even though a pot lid to take off so slowly / gradually until it is no longer overcrowded, and let the bubble.

missfatt... said...

Yeh had the heat too high, when the rice starts to boil, reduce heat to simmer and cover pot spirit of the plate, so that a small space to relax.

Post a Comment