Friday, January 1, 2010

Raid Storage Server If I Want A Raid Storage Setup For Media, Should I Use A NAS Or An External Drive?

If I want a raid storage setup for media, should I use a NAS or an external drive? - raid storage server

I have a large collection of music, videos and photos, and I'm trying to decide the best RAID configuration for my goals. I have tried both the Buffalo DriveStation Quattro Tech and TeraStation Home Server. The Home Server is a NAS and the Drive Station is an external drive connected via eSATA. As this goes on storage media are that the NAS to be a better alternative?

1 comments:

foobarre... said...

) The eSATA (1.5 Gb / s transfer rate is faster than the NAS box. Especially if you have a Gigabit Ethernet port on the NAS box (even faster if you GigE). However, it is to buy an eSATA adapter. The disadvantage is that other systems are not in your home network can use the backups as I could with the NAS box. If performance is important to go with eSATA.

Post a Comment